ask first. Available 24/7. Check your symptoms. Find local services. Need an appointment? Self care advice. Have an enquiry? Start here

Welcome To The Practice


COVID-19 Autumn Booster Programme

We will be commencing our COVID-19 Booster Programme in September.

Who is Eligible for COVID-19 Autumn Booster?

  • Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
  • Frontline health and social care workers
  • All adults aged 50 years and over
  • Persons aged 5 to 49 in a clinical risk group
  • Persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
  • Persons agreed 16 to 49 years who are carers.

Flu Immunisation Programme 2022 – 2023

We will be commencing our Flu Immunisation Programme in September.

Who will be Eligible for Flu Vaccine in 2022 23?

  • All children aged 2 or 3 years old on 31 August 2022
  • All primary school aged children (from reception to Year 6) – not given by the surgery, run via the associated school
  • Those aged 6 months to under 65 years in clinical risks groups
  • Pregnant women
  • Those aged 65 years and over
  • Those aged 50-64 (from 15th October).
  • Those in long-stay residential care homes
  • Carers
  • Close contacts of immunocompromised individuals
  • Frontline staff employed by the following types of social care providers without employer led occupational health schemes:
    • registered residential care or nursing home
    • registered domiciliary care provider
    • a voluntary managed hospice provider


Those that were eligible in the 2021 to 2022 but are not included for 2022 to 2023 are:

  • Secondary school children in Years 7 to 11 (between 11 and 15 years of age on 31 August 2022) - to be confirmed. 

Please do not call the surgery to try and book an appointment until you receive a text message once the clinics have been set up.  We will notify you how you can book an appointment. The website will also be updated to inform our patients when the clinics are scheduled.

Introducing the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS) for Minor Illnesses

The NHS Community Pharmacy Consultation Service (CPCS) is an NHS England initiative providing more convenient treatment closer to patients’ homes.

Lots of conditions are more appropriate for a consultation with a Community Pharmacist, rather than a GP. Our team will discuss your symptoms and, if appropriate, refer you for a same day appointment with our community pharmacist colleagues at a local community pharmacy for a personal consultation. You will have a choice over which pharmacy you are referred to.

 What is an NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation?

  •  It’s a one-to-one consultation with a fully qualified clinical pharmacist at a local pharmacy.
  • It involves a clinical assessment and conversation with the pharmacist.
  • The consultation is normally by phone in the first instance or in the privacy of a consultation room at the pharmacy.
  • The clinical pharmacist will normally contact the patient within 4 working hours.
  • This service is being provided by clinical pharmacists in Buckinghamshire.
  • The clinical pharmacist will advise if an over-the-counter medicine is suitable, if so this can be obtained from your usual pharmacy, or if you need to be seen then they will refer you back to the GP practice.

How can the clinical pharmacist help?

  • The clinical pharmacist has the right clinical training to assess you and recommend the best treatment for some common conditions.
  • If your symptoms suggest it’s more serious, the clinical pharmacist will help you to get an urgent GP appointment if needed.
  • If you don’t need any treatment the clinical pharmacist will be able to provide reassurance and advice – for example, a minor ailment that may get better on its own.
  • To help with symptoms, the clinical pharmacist may suggest an over-the-counter medicine that can be purchased.

What happens next?

The clinical pharmacist will make a record of the outcome and send it back to your GP.

What conditions can the clinical pharmacist treat?

Generally this will include most uncomplicated minor ailments and minor illnesses such as:

·         Bites and stings

·         Colds and flu like symptoms

·         Congestion (blocked or runny nose, hay fever, excess mucus etc)

·         Ear wax

·         Eyes (conjunctivitis, dry, runny or sore eyes)

·         Gastric & Bowel issues (constipation, heartburn, indigestion,  haemorrhoids, vomiting)

·         Gynae & Thrush conditions

·         General muscular pain, sprains and strains

·         Skin conditions (acne, athletes foot, dermatitis, rashes, warts &   verrucas, etc)

·         Mouth & throat conditions (cold sore, ulcers, sore throat etc)

This service is not suitable for:

·         Children under 1 year old

·         Immunosuppressed patients

·         Severe symptoms

·         Pregnant patients

·         Symptoms/conditions that have lasted more than 3 weeks

·         Has not responded to over-the-counter medication

Welcome to The Surgery, Amersham Health Centre. We hope that you will find this website useful. We aim to provide a high standard of medical and nursing care for all our patients, with a strong emphasis on disease prevention, health education and self-help. There is much that you, the patient, can do to maintain your own good health and the aim of this website is:

To help you - by giving useful information about the services we offer and advice on how to manage minor illness in the home.

To help us - by making cleer how our services can best be used.

To help us to help you - by encouraging a team approach between the practice and the patients.

Prescriptions  – We are unable to accept paper requests out of reception working hours. Use the Amersham Health Centre website or email

Registrations  – Completed forms to be sent to or to be given to reception within the time frames noted on the front of the form.

Toilets  – There are male and female and disabled toilet facilities available on site. 

In an emergency, when we are closed, please phone Bucks 24/7 on 0300 033

988 for medical advice or to see a doctor urgently

Please do not ask your GP for medications which can be bought at the pharmacy

We are now using Chain SMS to message patients!

Chain SMS on a mobile phone

Chain SMS allows us to send text messages to patients. It means we can be much more proactive with communication, messaging you quickly and securely, so you are not waiting around to hear from us!

Some examples of how we might use it…

Reminders of notifications (eg prescription ready)

Responding to simple queries (eg if you had a quick question about your medication)

Letting you know we tried to call

Send you advice at the end of a consultation

The practice name will always be at the bottom of the message. You won’t be able to reply to them. Please help us to help you by keeping your number up to date. If you don’t want us to contact you in this way please let us know.

GP appointments are now available in your area during the evenings and at the weekend. To book an appointment, contact your practice. Your NHS, here for you

Improved Access to GP Appointments

An improved service to access GP appointments has launched in Buckinghamshire and is available to all patients registered with a Bucks GP. This service involves local GP practices working together to offer patients better access to appointments. It means that you can now book an appointment in a practice local to you:

Up until 8pm from Monday to Friday (Amersham Health Centre - Wednesday)

Selected hours on a Saturday (Amersham Health Centre 1 in 8 Saturdays)

9am until 1pm on Sunday and Bank Holidays (at one of the three Improved Access Hubs located across the county)

This should mean that patients also have greater flexibility for routine, bookable appointments. It is, however, not a walk-in service. If you need urgent medical advice after 6.30pm or at a weekend, please phone NHS 111 in the first instance – they will be able to advise you and book an appointment if necessary.

These appointments can be booked through the practice you are registered with, and are being offered from three Improved Access Hubs, located at:

High Wycombe Hospital: (located at the Urgent Treatment Centre or UTC) Queen Alexander Road, High Wycombe, HP11 2TT

Stoke Mandeville Hospital: Corridor 5, Gate 2, Mandeville Road, Stoke Mandeville, HP21 8AL

Threeways Surgery: Pennylets Green, Stoke Poges, Buckinghamshire, SL2 4AZ

Would you like to comment on the service that we provide?

Please download this survey form, complete and return to the surgery.

Health Conditions A to Z

The practice would like to thank the various advertisers who have helped to produce this Website. However, it must be pointed out that the accuracy of any statements cannot be warranted, nor any products or services advertised, be guaranteed or endorsed.

Local Services, Let
Bojangles Creative Cafe Arts Educational School